Buying or selling property in Ruston Mews

Information of use/interest to residents is included under the headings below. To view the relevant section, click on the appropriate section heading arranged in alphabetical order.

If you sell your property in Ruston Mews, your shareholding in Ruston Mews Association Ltd will need to be transferred to the new owner. You will need to provide your solicitor with your current share certificate and they will fill out a share transfer form which will then be sent to the buyer’s solicitor for forwarding to RMA. On receipt of the share transfer form, RMA will issue a new share certificate to the incoming owner’s solicitor.

If you have lost your share certificate, a copy can be provided by RMA. The cost for this is £25.

If you wish to have information on RMA to help with your sale, RMA provides a Standard Information Pack consisting of the following information that can be emailed to your solicitor:

  • Answers to a typical standard list of questions asked by solicitors on the mews
  • RMA Memorandum & Articles of Association
  • The last 3 years accounts
  • A Residents’ Information Sheet
  • Confirmation that your subscriptions have been paid to date
  • Information on any forthcoming expenditure or other issues

The cost of the standard Information Pack is £50 and this will include the cost of issuing a new share certificate. Please contact RMA for this service.

If you are selling your house, it would be appreciated if you could inform your estate agent not to erect a for sale sign in the mews as the majority of residents have decided that it looks unsightly and does not help with the sale of the property.